Inland marine insurance can provide crucial coverage for businesses that deal with specialized equipment, goods in transit and other movable properties. Driscoll & Driscoll provides local companies with access to this essential coverage. Contact us today for an inland marine insurance quote.
What Is Inland Marine Insurance?
Traditional insurance business insurance policies often restrict coverage for property that leaves your business premises.
Inland marine insurance typically provides coverage for business property either in transit, held by a third party or stored at a location other than your primary business premises. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment, inventory, supplies and valuable papers or data.
Who Needs Inland Marine Insurance?
Almost any business with movable property or equipment can benefit from inland marine insurance.
Inland marine insurance is a versatile form of coverage that can benefit many businesses and individuals. Here are some of the critical sectors and scenarios where inland marine insurance is particularly relevant:
- Contractors—Roofers, plumbers, electricians and other contractors often transport expensive tools and equipment from one job site to another.
- Landscaping companies—Equipment like lawnmowers and fertilizer might be moved frequently and stored at multiple locations.
- Trucking companies—These businesses are often responsible for goods in transit and can benefit from inland marine coverage.
- Moving companies—Both local and interstate movers can protect customers’ property and their moving equipment during transit.
- IT companies—Businesses managing or storing servers at multiple locations can insure this vital equipment.
- Film and production companies—Cameras, lighting and other production equipment can be costly to repair or replace.
- Businesses with seasonal pop-ups—Inventory may move frequently with a seasonal retail outlet or pop-up store.
- Online retailers—companies with significant inventory levels might store these goods in multiple locations, including third-party warehouses.
- Home healthcare providers—Medical equipment taken to patients’ homes must be insured.
- Mobile clinics—Vehicles equipped with medical technology and equipment can benefit from the specialized coverage.
This list is not exhaustive. Your agent can help determine whether inland marine insurance suits your company.
To learn more about how inland marine insurance can offer your business the security it needs, contact Driscoll & Driscoll today. Your assets may be movable, but that doesn’t mean they should be vulnerable.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.