Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Your home is likely one of your most significant and expensive investments. As a homeowner, you rely on your property to provide safety, security and stability. With that in mind, you should take the time to understand the benefits of a home insurance policy.
What Is Home Insurance?
Home insurance is a frequent staple of coverage portfolios for many American homeowners. This coverage, or homeowners insurance, can provide financial protection across many common risks and exposures. By having a sufficient home insurance policy, you may be able to access critical financial assistance in the aftermath of an incident from which you or your home accrued losses. Without sufficient coverage, you may need to pay for repairs and damages out of pocket, which could have irreparable ramifications for your finances and future.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
Home insurance can financially protect you, your family and your property in response to many common incidents. Although specific details of your policy may vary, in most cases, standard home insurance policies can help pay for losses arising from the following:
- Riots or civil commotion
- Damage caused by motor vehicles
- Falling objects (e.g., trees, tree limbs and rocks)
As a homeowner, a home insurance policy can be particularly valuable for you because its umbrella of protection extends beyond simply the physical elements of your residence. Most home insurance includes coverage for the following:
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
- Structures—Your insurance generally covers the physical elements of your primary dwelling and additional structures on your property, such as detached garages, sheds and gazebos.
- Contents—If a covered event damages possessions stored in your home or on your property, your insurance can help you recoup your losses. This may include electronics, furniture, appliances and clothing.
- Personal liability—This coverage can help pay for third-party losses you are responsible for, such as bodily injury or property damage accrued by guests, passersby or neighbors.
- Loss-of-use—If a covered event makes your home uninhabitable, your insurance can help compensate you for additional temporary living expenses, such as lodging and meals.
In most cases, home insurance is not required by law. However, if you have a mortgage, your lender will likely require you to maintain coverage until your loan has been fully paid. Even if you are not beholden to any such mandates, it’s still advisable to insure your home. Without an adequate policy, even a single accident, weather event or other incident could lead to devastating out-of-pocket losses.
Get the Right Coverage
At Driscoll & Driscoll, our agents have over 200 combined years of experience helping clients in the Palmdale area assess and address their insurance needs. We will work with you to comprehensively analyze your circumstances and ensure that you are carrying suitable coverage for your home. Contact us today to get started.